Patients having orthodontic treatment today are interested in more than just straight teeth. What makes a smile really stand out? Ideal gingival esthetics coupled with well-proportioned teeth and skeletal balance all lead to a gorgeous smile.
We are aware of our patients' expectations, and utilize the latest developments to enable us to achieve the best results possible. The soft-tissue laser is one additional tool the orthodontist can incorporate in their practice to improve their patient’s treatment and optimize the design of their smile.
Orthodontic lasers have numerous applications that can benefit our patients:
- Cosmetic shaping of gum tissue to make the teeth well proportioned (proper width/height)
- Reducing overgrown/puffy gum tissue to improve oral hygiene
- Get rid of canker sores quickly (phototherapy)
- Expose impacted teeth to decrease treatment time
- Decreasing a "gummy smile"
Dr. Robert Miller is certified by the World Clinical Laser Institute and an expert in the use of the orthodontic laser. He is on the forefront of laser use in the orthodontic profession and has lectured to other orthodontic professionals on the benefits of lasers for their patients.